Good omega-3 fatty acids from fatty fish and fish oil contribute to a healthy heart and cardiovascular system and a positive state of mind. The joints, nervous system and skin also benefit. Two capsules are more than enough to supply the daily quantity of fatty acids recommended by national health councils.
The advantages of Glucosamine.com’s Omega-3:
- European brand product: Marinol Omega-3. A fish oil with the emphasis on purity. Harvested from specially selected fish with the lowest content of heavy metals, dioxins, PCBs and other contaminants.
- A supplementary comprehensive purification process results in the lowest possible levels of contaminating matter. Virtually all contaminating substances are undetectable!
- High concentration of omega-3 fatty acids: 480 mg omega-3 fatty acids per capsule, of which 210 mg EPA and 150 mg DHA. This high concentration is achieved by natural methods, not by means of chemical processing.
- Price levels that are lower than customary for quality oil. The price is comparable to low-priced standard fish oils: €21,90 per bottle of 180 capsules of 1000mg each. Volume discounts starting at 3 units.
- Fish oil and capsules produced by leading West European manufacturers, who fulfil strict GMP and HAACP requirements.
- Quality tested by an independent laboratory.
- Capsules derived from fish gelatine.
- Virtually free of fish taste and smell!
- Label with information in your own language.
National health councils recommend the consumption of fatty fish 2 to 3 times a week. Fatty fish has a wide-ranging beneficial influence on health. Scientists agree that the majority of beneficial health effects are thanks to the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA in fish oils.
Notwithstanding the health benefits, not everyone enjoys eating fish. Some people simply don’t like the taste. Others are (justifiably) concerned about contamination of fatty fish from oceans and fisheries. Fish may contain high concentrations of mercury, PCBs, dioxins and other toxic substances. Many people choose to use fish oil in capsules due to their convenience, the absence of a fishy flavour and their purity.
Because the contaminants mentioned above primarily remain in the oil, it is important to use the purest fish oil possible. Omega-3 from Glucosamine.com contains a brand oil manufactured with an emphasis on purity: Marinol Omega-3. You can read more about this under the heading ‘Quality’.
Omega-3 and our other supplements
Omega-3 also contributes to supple joints in doses of 4 capsules. It is, however, not such a powerful protector of joint cartilage as to constitute an alternative to our other supplements. We recommend glucosamine sulphate, chondroitin sulphate, ASU Forte or Arthro-5 for this purpose. Taking Omega-3 in addition to these supplements can be useful in many cases.
Each bottle contains 180 capsules of 1000 mg each. You can select your daily dose depending on your aims:
- Dose for general health
– 2 capsules – bottle lasts 3 months.
- Dose for supple joints
– 4 capsules – bottle lasts 1.5 months.
Omega-3 contains the following ingredients:
- Marinol Omega-3 pure fish oil concentrate
- Fish gelatine (capsule)
- Natural glycerol (capsule)
- Antioxidant: naturally blended tocopherols
Analysis per 1000 mg capsule:
- EPA content: 210 mg* [170mg**]
- DHA content: 150 mg* [120mg**]
- EPA+DHA content: 360 mg* [310mg**]
- Omega-3 fatty acid content: 480 mg* [415 mg**]
- Naturally blended tocopherols 3mg
The oil contains 3 mg of naturally blended tocopherols per capsule as antioxidant. Naturally blended tocopherols are another name for natural E vitamins.
Net contents: 254 grams.
Omega-3 is gleaned from specially selected smaller fish varieties, especially anchovies, from clear water.
In opting for the Omega-3 from Glucosamine.com, you are choosing quality.
We sought an outstanding oil for this fish oil supplement. We chose Marinol Omega-3, produced by Stepan Lipid Nutrition in the Netherlands.
There are few fish oils such as Marinol Omega-3 that the manufacturer associates with a brand name. Many fish oils are traded without brand names among brokers. At Glucosamine.com, however, we want to know which company is behind a product and which principles it uses in its work.
Stepan Lipid Nutrition makes the purity of the oil its primary focus. Another strong point is that chemical changes in the oil are omitted when trying to achieve a high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids. Marinol Omega-3 is pure, natural fish oil.
The fish oil is gleaned primarily from anchovies. They are caught in the Pacific Ocean along the coast of South America. The Pacific Ocean is less polluted in comparison with other oceans. As a result, the fish oil is also cleaner. The fish oil received is concentrated and purified, after which the end product is checked. The final result is fish oil with the lowest possible level of contaminants.
Glucosamine.com even has the fish oil inspected again by an independent laboratory (KBBL) for the presence of heavy metals and other harmful substances such as dioxins. Concentrations turn out to be so low that they are undetectable or very far under the approved limit.
If the issue is purity, Glucosamine.com’s fish oil provides a safe alternative to fish. Salmon, for instance, contains a relatively large quantity of dioxins. The content is so high in some cases that several portions already constitute the monthly intake limit for dioxins! As a comparison: You could take several thousands of capsules of our fish oil every day before you reach the intake limit of dioxins.
Marinol Fish oil has a higher concentration of good fatty acids than standard fish oils. Each capsule of 1000 mg contains an average of 360 mg EPA and DHA. This figure is approximately 275 mg for standard fish oil.
The high concentration is achieved with the help of the most natural (enzymatic) process possible. Oils with an even higher EPA and DHA process are usually obtained using a chemical process. We are not advocates of this approach; we have chosen the most natural oil possible.
The recommended dose of Omega-3 is 2 capsules a day for a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, state of mind, skin and nervous system. The recommended dose is 4 capsules a day for a beneficial effect on the joints.
You can take the capsules at the same time or at intervals throughout the day, as you wish. It is preferable, however, to take the capsules at meal time(s) or with plenty of water.
Do not take more than 6 capsules a day.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Nutritional supplements should not be used as a replacement for a balanced diet.
Do you have difficulty swallowing capsules? You can prick the soft capsules with a pin. You can then let the oil drain out of the capsule and mix it with yoghurt, for example.
Drug interactions and warnings
No negative drug interactions are known for omega-3 (fish oil concentrate).
Side effects are not expected for the recommended doses of omega-3 (fish oil concentrate).
Fish oil/omega-3 may be taken during pregnancy and breast-feeding! Fatty acids have a beneficial effect on both mother and child. Omega-3 fatty acids from fish contribute, for instance, to brain development in the child.