Arthro-5 is the most powerful joint protection nutritional supplement in the world! It contains five ingredients scientifically proven to protect joint cartilage. Arthro-5 contributes to supple joints and healthy cartilage. It also lubricates the joints.
The advantages of Arthro-5 include:
- 5 proven ingredients: Glucosamine sulphate, Chondroitin sulphate (CS BioActive), ASU (AvoVida™), MSM (OptiMSM) and Hyaluronic acid (Hyal-Joint).
- High, correct doses of each ingredient. Tested, scientifically substantiated dosages are the starting point. Per daily dose of 6 capsules: 1500 mg glucosamine sulphate, 1200 mg chondroitin sulphate, 300 mg ASU, 1500 mg MSM and 80 mg hyaluronic acid.
- High quality ingredients, produced exclusively by Western European and US companies. You can find a more detailed explanation under the heading ‘Quality’.
- Production meets strict GMP and HACCP requirements.
- Quality tested by an independent laboratory.
- The price you pay for this supplement with high-quality ingredients is very competitive. In the case of a ‘normal’ price structure a product with comparable production costs would be priced for at least € 75 (!) on the store shelves. (This is also one of the reasons why a supplement of comparable power is not available anywhere else).
- Volume discounts starting at 3 units.
- Delivery in capsule form. The advantage of capsules over tablets: Faster absorption by the body and therefore easier on the stomach. The capsule can also be opened and the powder then dissolved in water, fruit juice or a dairy product.
Arthro-5 is a unique supplement from Glucosamine.com. It is not available elsewhere. The product contains 5 carefully selected, powerful ingredients, each of which contributes in its own way to the health of your joints through various aspects of your metabolism. Because these ingredients complement each other well, Arthro-5 ensures optimum joint protection. Your chance of success with Arthro-5 is accordingly high.
The five ingredients in Arthro-5:
1. Glucosamine sulphate
- 1500 mg per daily dose
Most utilised joint protection substance in the world - and for good reason. Glucosamine helps in building and maintaining cartilage, joint casings, tendons and other connective tissues. It also contributes to the maintenance of joint fluid, thus supporting joint lubrication.
2. Chondroitin sulphate (CS BioActive®)
- 1200 mg per daily dose
Valuable ingredient that reinforces glucosamine. Even more important is the fact that chondroitin protects the cartilage by keeping a few key enzymes in balance. Glucosamine and chondroitin thereby complement each other excellently. Scientific research now shows that taking both supplements at the same time significantly enhances results.
3. ASU (AvoVida™)
- 300 mg per daily dose
Specially processed extract of avocado and soy oil. Despite extremely persuasive scientific evidence, ASU is still a relatively unknown supplement in most countries after glucosamine and chondroitin. Among other benefits, it can promote the creation of collagen, which contributes to cartilage strength.
4. MSM (OptiMSM®)
- 1500 mg per daily dose
Popular with the public for years, but repudiated for many years by the scientific community. In the meantime scientific support for the use of MSM has grown: it has a beneficial influence on joints. Adding it to glucosamine leads to faster and better results.
5. Hyaluronic acid (Hyal-Joint™)
- 80 mg per daily dose
A relatively new nutritional supplement. Hyaluronic acid is the most important component of the lubricating fluid in the joints. It also enables our joints to absorb shocks. For this reason, doctors have been giving injections with hyaluronic acid directly into the joints for almost 20 years. It has now also been established that it has a beneficial physiological influence as a nutritional supplement as well. It is important to note that only hyaluronic acid with a high molecular weight is useful. A lot of (cheap) hydrolised hyaluronic acid is available. Its molecular weight is much lower, with the result that its effect is counterproductive.
The impact of Arthro-5 is generally noticed within a month. Shorter periods, such as a week, and longer periods of up to several months are also possible. This differs for each individual. In general the effect of Arthro-5 on knees and hips can be determined after 3 months (normally a period of one year applies in the case of the back and the neck).
Joint relief supplements like Arthro-5 offer protection that continues to last for some time after one stops taking them. Over time, however, the protection dwindles. This is the reason that most people use joint relief supplements uninterruptedly.
If cost is a problem, Arthro-5 can be alternated with, for instance, a separate glucosamine supplement. In order to give Arthro-5 a good chance of working, it is recommended that it be used for at least three consecutive months.
The safety of supplements is paramount for Glucosamine.com. Despite its powerful physiological effect, Arthro-5 is formulated for safety. The various ingredients of Arthro-5 are researched exhaustively for undesired side effects. The chance that you may experience such side effects is low.
If you choose Arthro-5, you are choosing quality. We guarantee this quality as follows:
- The ingredients in Arthro-5 are manufactured exclusively by Western European and US companies: Bioiberica, Nutegrity, Bergstrom Nutrition, Capsugel. The ingredients glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid originate from one of the most eminent producers of nutritional supplements in the world, the Spanish firm Bioiberica.
- Processing of raw materials takes place in Western Europe and fulfils strict GMP and HACCP requirements. This means that the manufacturer follows procedures that guarantee food safety and hygiene.
- Our cooperation with renowned companies results in safe and high-quality product development.
- Purity. All our supplements are checked for contaminants by an independent laboratory.
- Correct, high dosages, based on scientific studies. You can read more on this topic below.
- Delivery in capsule form. The advantage of capsules over tablets: Faster absorption by the body and therefore easier on the stomach.
The ingredients in Arthro-5 are all tested in scientific research. Use of a nutritional supplement only makes sense if the dose that is used is the same as that used in scientific research. In practice lower doses are used frequently for reasons of cost. Please see below for an overview for each ingredient:
Glucosamine sulphate (by Bioiberica)
- Dosage successful in studies: 1500mg
- Dosage in Arthro-5: 1500 mg
- Other brands: 1150 / 1500 / 2000mg (higher doses carry a greater risk of side effects).
Chondroitin sulphate (CS BioActive® by Bioiberica)
- Dosage successful in studies: 800 - 1200mg
- Dosage in Arthro-5: 1200 mg
- Other brands: 50 / 250 / 600 / 800 / 1200 mg
ASU (AvoVida™ by Nutegrity)
- Dosage successful in studies: 300mg
- Dosage in Arthro-5: 300 mg
- Other brands: not yet available in Europe.
MSM (OptiMSM® by Bergstrom Nutrition)
- Dosage successful in studies: 1500mg - 6000mg
- Dosage in Arthro-5: 1500 mg
- Other brands: 500 / 1000 mg
Hyaluronic acid (Hyal-Joint™ by Bioiberica)
- Dosage successful in studies: 80 mg Hyal-Joint™
- Dosage in Arthro-5: 80 mg Hyal-Joint™
- Other brands: In many cases contain hydrolised hyaluronic acid, which can have adverse effects.
Each bottle contains 180 capsules of 919 mg each. The recommended dose is 6 capsules a day. This dosage ensures that you receive the same quantities of the 5 ingredients as in the successful scientific studies. One bottle lasts for one month with this dosage.
Arthro-5 contains the following ingredients:
- Glucosamine sulphate - 1500 mg per daily dose (250 mg per capsule)
- OptiMSM® (MSM) - 1500 mg per daily dose (250 mg per capsule)
- CS BioActive® (chondroitin sulphate) - 1200 mg per daily dose (200 mg per capsule)
- AvoVida™ (ASU, extract from avocado and soy oil) - 300 mg per daily dose (50 mg per capsule)
- Gelatin (capsule material)
- Potassium chloride (510 mg per daily dose; used to stabilise glucosamine)
- Rice starch
- Hyal-Joint™ (hyaluronic acid) - 80 mg per daily dose (13,3 mg per capsule)
- Vitamin C - 18 mg per daily dose (3 mg per capsule)
- Magnesium stearate
- Natural food colouring E171 (capsule colouring)
Glucosamine is harvested from the shells of shellfish
, specifically shrimp
. Chondroitin is a cartilage extract that comes from beef. ASU is extracted from soy
and avocado (the soy
is guaranteed not to have been genetically modified). MSM is a natural sulphur compound. Hyal-Joint™ is a cartilage extract from poultry.
The recommended dose of Arthro-5 is 6 capsules a day. You can take them at the same time or at intervals throughout the day, as you wish. It is preferable, however, to take the capsules at meal time(s) or with plenty of water.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Nutritional supplements should not be used as a replacement for a balanced diet.
The ingredient glucosamine in Arthro-5 can enhance the effect of anticoagulants containing coumarin. If you are taking these medicines we recommend you first discuss the use of Arthro-5 with your doctor.
The ingredient glucosamine in Arthro-5 can affect the effectiveness of some antibiotics; it can strengthen or lessen the effect. We recommend not using Arthro-5 and antibiotics at the same time.
Allergy to shellfish
The ingredient glucosamine is harvested from the shells of shellfish. Some people are allergic to the flesh of shellfish. Even though the flesh is removed prior to using the shell, an allergic reaction cannot be completely excluded.
There are indications that people with type 2 (late onset) diabetes may be especially sensitive to glucosamine. We therefore advise diabetics to check their blood sugar levels regularly once they start to take Arthro-5 (with glucosamine). Another option is to choose another supplement for joint protection. Neither chondroitin nor ASU Forte has an impact on blood sugar levels.
Increased Eye Pressure (glaucoma)
In July 2013 The results were published of a small study carried out on the effect glucosamine (ingredient in Arthro-5) has on patients affected by glaucoma (high eye pressure). The trial subjects were 6 men and 11 women aged average 76 (62 to 90 years of age). The study showed that glucosamine can cause an increase in the eye pressure in most of the subjects. To cease assuming glucosamine makes the eye pressure go down. The average difference in the eye pressure measured was 3 mm Hg.
Considering that it was a small exploratory study, it means that the study did not comply to a number of important guidelines for scientific research. Researchers suggest also that this study needs to be validated by a bigger, well thought-out research. However, we consider the effect of glucosamine on the eye pressure real and advise the following:
Should you suffer from glaucoma, do not use Arthro-5. When starting the assumption of Arthro-5, have your eye pressure measured several times. Should you be already using Arthro-5, we advise you to cease the assumption of Arthro-5 and to check whether your eye pressure goes down.
Should you be looking for an alternative to Arthro-5, try then ASU Forte or chondroitin. Combine these two supplements for an even better result.
Hypersensitivity of the stomach and digestive system
Minor side effects that some people experience are generally related to hypersensitivity of the stomach and digestive system. In these cases nausea and excessive gastric acid are usually involved. Less frequently, constipation or even diarrhoea can occur. Generally nausea and excessive gastric acid can be prevented by taking the supplement with one or two glasses of water or by eating something at the same time.
At the end of 2004 a study was conducted in Denmark on the effect of glucosamine on cholesterol levels. The reason for the study was that some users had noted an increase in their blood cholesterol content. In the study, 140,000 people in Denmark were prescribed glucosamine between September 2003 and September 2004. During this period 6 cases of higher cholesterol were reported that appeared to be associated with the use of glucosamine. It seems that a small number of people react to glucosamine supplements with an increase in cholesterol levels. Once they stop taking it, the cholesterol levels fall again.
Restricted potassium diet
The ingredient glucosamine is stabilised with potassium chloride. The dose for one day (6 capsules) contains 268 mg of potassium. This is a little more than the quantity of potassium in half of a banana or 4 slices of whole grain bread. In the case of individuals with seriously impaired kidney function a higher intake of potassium can, however, have adverse effects. Individuals taking drugs to reduce potassium levels should restrict their potassium intake.
Do not use Arthro-5 if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding. The supplement has an extremely favourable safety profile, but no studies have been conducted that exclude possible adverse effects on the (unborn) child.
Use by younger people
The use of Arthro-5 by children and young adults is not advised. A fundamental point is that supplements should not be started before the body is fully grown. ‘Fully grown’ is taken to mean both skeletal development and hormonal development. The reason that Glucosamine.com recommends this is that no studies have been conducted regarding the safety of this supplement for children and young adults.
Glucosamine.com has been licensed to use the patented combination of chondroitin and ASU (EP2101799).
Glucosamine.com has been authorized by Bioiberica to use the Bioiberica, Hyal-Joint™ and CS BioActive® brand name and logo, by Nutegrity to use the AvoVida™ brand name and logo and by Bergstrom Nutrition to use the OptiMSM® brand name and logo.